Ten Ways to Create a Stress Free Home
It’s often said ,” Home is where the heart is.” and having learnt that heart is the seat of all the hopes, dreams, desires, love and well being; It definitely make a lot of sense to have a stress free home. It will be a wonderful investment to think of and implement a couple of measures that promise a home that is a strictly NO STRESS zone.
Here goes my list of simple hacks that made it my home and hearth a calmer zone:-
- A family that eats well, sleeps enough,and exercise enough,is peaceful and bubbles with goodness.
- Nothing beats the laughter that funny TV shows or movies bring in to our drawing rooms. Heard a joke recently, go on to repeat it over and over again.
- A family hug, a good night kiss and a ritual of ‘high fives’ to your children are a delight.
- Celebrating Accomplishments and not just anniversaries and birthdays sets the tone of more competitiveness in the family. Ensure to initiate the round of applause,a congratulatory note for a marks gone notch up/ improvement in behaviors/report card turning up first right and so much more.
- Pitch in and collaborate in times of excess work load and help each other in collating resources, create an environment free from anxiety and such that none feels overwhelmed.
- Avoid ‘Drama’ in life as a rule in the family. Dis-Agreements will crop up; bad times will prevail, tempers may flare up but keep your response in perspective. Practice’ Time out’ and sleep over the conflicts .Arguments die down when families cool off with either a walk down the colony lane or playing with pet.
- Adopt alternative practices that help in releasing calmness of mind and spirits . For example Yoga, meditation, slowing down and just being- Getting Bored included.Doing it as a family will initiate a culture of connecting and bonding magically.
- Create Quiet Times -with the young millinials used to sound /distractions all the day long, creating quiet moments with reading, writing, creative pursuits can be conducive to all the goodness of endomorphisms with a little negotiation, a blanket ban on TV,gadgets ,Music can be calming.
- Reclaim the power of dinner table conversations, since dinner is the only time that today’s busy families come together. Ensure every one talks about any thing without being judged.Things as minor as a tiff with a friend to as major as getting a ‘B’ is chemistry project .Let the conversation flow .Resist any temptation to be judge-mental.
- Encouraging Social Get togethers, family meetups ; dinners ;sleep overs ; add a zing to the otherwise monotonous lives of a nuclear family. The best take away of it are a stream of happy harmone, lot of wellness and a spirit so high that every family member looks forward to each day of life.
- Nothing in the above list is a difficult task to do, just being aware of these ——– ways can be initiated one at a time. It will make a life breeze and a family time that each member looks forward to.
Shift gears of life’s struggle into pleasure and feel happy, contented and relaxed once you achieve that. If you have more simple strategies to add to the list do pass it on in comments.
Dedicated in the memory of all the relaxed times,when time in particular and life in general, was not a battle 🙂